- Frostkrone Food Group launches ready-to-eat range on the market
- Beetroot Tots from the new range is one of the Top 10 innovations at this year’s ANUGA
- Manufacturing in a new, cutting-edge facility in Paderborn/Germany
Rietberg/Germany, 04 October 2021. Finger food and snacks have been extremely popular with consumers for years. And especially with the target group made up of young, active, career-minded professionals. The advent of the home office and the lockdown have also boosted the trend towards fast food. Now right on time for the ANUGA 2021, the Frostkrone Food Group is launching a ready-to-eat range destined for the chilled cabinets - the quick, enjoyable solution straight off the refrigerated shelves for those hungry between meals and for people on the go. The Beetroot Tots from the new range have already been awarded a distinction by this year’s ANUGA and feature in their list of the Top 10 innovations.
“For years we have been providing consumers with an extensive and diverse product range of deep-frozen, quick-to-prepare finger food and snacks. The new ready-to-eat snacks from the refrigerated counters and cabinets now complete our range. These can be eaten cold straight away and are therefore the perfect companions at the office, after sport or when enjoying a lunch break in the park,” explains Frédéric Dervieux, CEO of the Frostkrone Food Group. The production process of this fresh produce will be carried out at the new plant in Paderborn, a facility that boasts state-of-the-art technology. “We have extended our production capacities so that we are now able to prepare ready-to-eat products flexibly and reliably – both for our customers in retail and also for those in the food service sector.”
The Company Group’s new ready-to-eat range offers consumers a huge selection of vegan and vegetarian flavours – snacks with a medley of vegetables, some just with cheese or others married together in a vegetable and cheese mix – and there are also several variations with chicken. And each individual coating, created out of delicious spices, seeds and grains, is amazing. The selection also includes several kinds of falafel.
Here we have a sneak peek at some of the variations making up the new range:
The Vegetable Mix
- One of the Top 10 innovations of the ANUGA 2021 is the Beetroot Tots: small and vegan, a vegetable mix made up of beetroot, potato, onion, apples, shallots, flavoured with the slightly piquant aroma of horseradish and scrumptiously enveloped in a mild coating of millet, quinoa and linseeds. Vegan. Nutri-Score A.
- Lentil and Carrot Coins: a mix of sieved tomatoes, carrots, red onions and lentils, covered in linseeds, quinoa, chives, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Vegan. Nutri-Score A.
- Kale Coins: a mix of kale, sweet potato and carrot enveloped in a coating of linseeds, quinoa, sunflower and pumpkin seeds.Vegan. Nutri-Score A.
Vegetable and Cheese Snacks
- Broccoli and Gouda Tots: broccoli and Gouda coated in linseeds, quinoa and potato flakes.
- Spinach and Cream Cheese Coins: spinach, cream cheese and pine kernels make up a luscious filling coated in quinoa, potato flakes and chives
- Garlic and Cream Cheese Coins: cream cheese and garlic enveloped in potato flakes, parsley, linseeds, quinoa, sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Emmental Tots: cheese heaven of hearty Emmental wrapped in a coating of quinoa and parsley.
The special one: unlike the classic falafel, the three varieties are Broccoli Falafel, Carrot Falafel and Beetroot Falafel, each type primarily consisting of its respective vegetable and with chickpeas and beans as the other ingredients.
- Chicken Tikka Masala Coins: bursting with flavoursome breaded chicken breast, coconut, sieved tomato and rice, all wrapped in a coating of red curry, linseeds and garlic.
- Chicken BBQ Tots: chicken breast in a spicy BBQ marinade coated with quinoa, millet, linseeds and a variety of flavoursome spices.
These small, practical ready-to-eat products come as coins, tots or mini balls in the easy-to-handle 100g pack. They can be eaten immediately or alternatively warmed up in the oven (it takes approx. 5 minutes).
They are supplied frozen to the food service sector. Because of the manufacturing process used, these products can be eaten cold with the utmost confidence and do not have to be heated up beforehand.
Frostkrone Food Group at the digital Anuga 2021
From 11-13 October the Frostkrone Food Group is showcasing its extensive selection of finger food and snacks at Anuga@home, the digital platform of the world’s biggest food exhibition. This is where, in addition to the new ready-to-eat products, the magnificent treasure trove of deep-frozen finger food and snacks can be found. An array of product films and all manner of documentation can be downloaded including two online presentations, one of which highlights the new ready-to-eat range.
Furthermore, visitors have the possibility of getting in touch with the Frostkrone Food Group team at any time and of receiving extra information and indeed tailor-made advice and support. Visitors are also very welcome to arrange online appointments prior to the event.
ABOUT THE FROSTKRONE FOOD GROUP
The Frostkrone Food Group - with its headquarters located in the town of Rietberg, in the federal German state of North Rhine-Westphalia - stands out in sharp relief because of its incredibly wide variety of finger food and snacks. The Group markets its products in the food retail trade and also in the food service industry. The many-faceted range of products is available worldwide in a great deal of countries including those in Scandinavia, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Portugal, Great Britain, Switzerland, in the eastern European countries, Asia and in the USA.
The Frostkrone Food Group boasts several cutting-edge production facilities in Germany, France, Great Britain and in the USA. Since its founding in 1997, the company has established itself as an innovative trendsetter in the deep-frozen, convenience food segment.
In addition to the frostkrone Tiefkühlkost GmbH and the Bornholter Käsevertriebs- und Produktionsgesellschaft GmbH, since 2018 Piz’wich Europe SAS and Varenne Gastronomie SAS have also been part of the Frostkrone Food Group. In 2019 the US-American business Rite Stuff Foods Inc. swelled the ranks when they joined the Group. Since February 2020 Innovate Foods Ltd and since April 2021 Abergavenny Fine Food Ltd, both from Great Britain, have also belonged to the corporate group.